Monday, May 26, 2008

For those not familiar with the words to the two songs I mentioned in the previous post...

"Precious Lord Take My Hand"
Precious Lord, take my hand,
Lead me on, let me stand,
I am tired, I am weak, I am worn;
Through the storm, through the night,
Lead me on to the light:

Refrain:
Take my hand, precious Lord, Lead me home.

When my way grows drear,
Precious Lord, linger near,
When my life is almost gone,
Hear my cry, hear my call,
Hold my hand lest I fall

Refrain

When the darkness appears
And the night draws near,
And the day is past and gone
At the river I stand,
Guide my feet, hold my hand,

Refrain

"It It Well With My Soul"
When peace, like a river, attendeth my way,
When sorrows like sea billows roll;
Whatever my lot, Thou has taught me to say,
It is well, it is well, with my soul.

Refrain:
It is well, with my soul,
It is well, with my soul,
It is well, it is well, with my soul.

Though Satan should buffet, though trials should come,
Let this blest assurance control,
That Christ has regarded my helpless estate,
And hath shed His own blood for my soul.

Refrain

My sin, oh, the bliss of this glorious thought!
My sin, not in part but the whole,
Is nailed to the cross, and I bear it no more,
Praise the Lord, praise the Lord, O my soul!

Refrain

And Lord, haste the day when my faith shall be sight,
The clouds be rolled back as a scroll,
The trump shall resound, and the Lord shall descend,
Even so it is well with my soul

Refrain

These happen to be two powerful songs in my own life that have spoken to me before, but I think the words are very appropriate for this setting, for those facing the end of their life and the peace and comfort that God can give to us on our final journey.

No comments: