Sunday, June 13, 2010

"Reverend"

Jason Evans, St. Matthews United Methodist Church in Greensboro, N.C.


I preached twice today while Dr. Beverly was away at the Western NC Annual Conference. I delivered a sermon titled "It Doesn't Pay to Do Wrong;" the Lectionary text was 1 Kings 21:1-21a. Standing in the "sacred space" is a privilege and an honor. I wasn't as nervous like the first time I stood in St. Matthews pulpit. However, I did sweat bullets after I exited the pulpit.

The members of St. Matthews UMC were very encouraging and supportive. One of the members referred to me as "Reverend Jason." I had to smile because I haven't been licensed yet within my faith tradition which is Baptist. Moreover, another member came up to me after services and ask me to consider becoming a Methodist preacher. This was a sincere appeal for which I will consider in prayer. I responded by saying that I will go wherever God calls me, although I feel quite comfortable, despite my criticisms, being a Baptist.

This coming week is Vacation Bible School. I look forward to leading the "tweens" of St. Matthews in the Praise Party curriculum published by Abingdon Press. I'll let you all know how it goes. The peace of Christ be with you.


1 comment:

noor said...



تسليك مجارى بالاحساء تسليك مجارى بالاحساء
تسليك مجارى بالدمام تسليك مجارى بالدمام
تنظيف بيارات بالرياض تنظيف بيارات بالرياض

كشف تسربات المياه بالاحساء كشف تسربات المياه بالاحساء
شركة تسليك مجارى
كشف تسربات المياه بالدمام كشف تسربات المياه بالدمام
كشف تسربات المياه بالرياض كشف تسربات المياه بالرياض

كشف تسربات المياه بالرياض كشف تسربات بالرياض