Sunday, July 1, 2007

let's have a round up

A round up is when a blog community asks one another to answer pertinent questions. Here are a few for us to chew on:
(answer them using the comments page)

  1. Can you believe the summer is half over? How have you been spending your time?
  2. Who is invisible where you are...and have you been able to shed some light on them? How'd ya' do it?
  3. What was the funniest thing that happened to you in June (that you can share with Duke Divinity)?
  4. What has been the most moving thing?
  5. The most surprising thing?
  6. What is going to be the hardest part about leaving in a month (if this applies)?
speak up - let' s get some conversation going...otherwise you are all going to get pretty tired of only hearing from the people listed on the left. In the immortal words of Halley Mills "Let's get together yeah, yeah, yeah."
(okay so she didn't write them...but she sang them in the original Parent Trap movie)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What, Leah, tired already of my over-anxious polemic? I suggest that you start by answering at least one of your own questions.

6. The hardest part about leaving may be obvious--but it's the people I'll leave behind. I am very slow to get to know people, and I feel like I have only just begun. It will be difficult not to subconsciously withdraw too soon.

Leah Skaggs said...

No dear Sam - I am not tired of you in the least! I am just plain tired! I was about to answer - but I had to make hot dogs and do bedtime.
(Blogging is not easy for the working mom).

1. I have been spending my time lately doing vbs and preaching.

2. It is hard to find invisible people in Cedar Grove - there are fledgling efforts with the Hispanic /Latino population through Anathoth garden - and maybe next year with vbs.

3. The funniest thing may have been the Levite having an intern in the vbs skit.

4. The most moving thing is Communion - especially the better I get to know people.

5. The most surprising thing has been how much fun this has been.

6. The hardest part about leaving will be the people - but not the drive.